We’re trying hard to give our members the tools to make great new friends online. We talk to our members as much as we can to get their feedback, and we’re building new things as fast as we can. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re striving to be.
We do know this: we’re constantly amazed at how great all of our members are, and how good their ideas are. Also, I’d be crazy not to say it here, too: if you want anything added to the site to make it better, email Ashley at [email protected] and let her know what you think.
In the meantime, there are things you can do to make friends here. We’ve been emailing them to our new members, but our older members didn’t get it, so we thought we’d write it here.
- How’s your profile? Does it tell people about you? We know people fill out the survey as quickly as they can when they’re signing up, but now that you’ve seen the site, go back and make sure your profile tells people the things they should know in order to get a good sense for you.
- Everyone on GoFindFriends is looking to make new connections. If someone reaches out, reply. Making friends always takes work, but it’s always worth it too!
- Go do something! Talking online is great, but meeting in person is the best way to make friends. (And to have fun, of course.)
- Changing your activity will list it at the top of the activities page, meaning more people will see it and more people will reach out. Have a new activity you want to try? Go ahead and change it up!
- Connecting with people at high traffic times works. So nights and weekends you’ll see the most people replying to emails.
- People who send messages are much more likely to see replies. Saying hi works too, but people like messages best. We know it’s hard to start a conversation, but it’ll be worth it.
If you have any other ideas, let us know!